Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

alt_RG
Frequent Visitor

MongoDB ODBC connector for PowerBI - Incremental refreshes are slow

Hi all,

We are using the Mongo DB ODBC connector for PowerBI to connect the MongoDB data source. We have implemented incremental refresh as per our data size is concerned. But after the initial refresh, 20-30K rows are pulled into the report in 11 mins on average. This is not what we are expecting. The refreshes are very slow. 

alt_RG_0-1657730335348.png

I think query folding is also not happening in the Power Query at the first step where a simple SQL query is used to fetch the data from MongoDB through the ODBC connector.  Please help! Thanks for your suggestions. 

alt_RG_2-1657730627719.png

alt_RG_1-1657730412234.png

6 REPLIES 6
alt_RG
Frequent Visitor

@lbendlin: I just found something in the Microsoft docs. It says, only the PostgreSQL connector supports query folding. No other connectors support query folding if you use a native database query.
I am unsure about this. 

Here is the link (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-query/native-database-query)

alt_RG_2-1658121242461.png

Note that query folding is not a hard requirement for incremental refresh. It is merely a preferred option. Incremental refresh will work with a source that doesn't fold.

alt_RG
Frequent Visitor

Thanks, @lbendlin for your reply. I have tried what you said. But I am facing this error. I followed this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hjdOCni_ZY)

alt_RG_0-1658120845690.png
alt_RG_1-1658120890587.png

alt_RG
Frequent Visitor

@lbendlin, Can you please help me with this issue? 

Sorry, I don't have a MongoDB environment to play with.  Maybe someone else can test it out.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

You are not actually doing an incremental refresh. Instead, you apply the RangeStart/RangeEnd filter over the full result set of your custom SQL query.

Move your SQL statement into the Power Query code (via Value.NativeQuery) and incorporate RangeStart and RangeEnd directly into that query.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors