cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Model changes not present in analysis services connector data set

Hi,

I'm deployed a Tabular model and consumed this model via the analysis services connector in the Power BI service.

I made changes to dim table.  After redeploying the model and I can see the new field when I browse the model from SSMS.  

The dataset in Power BI doesn't update.  Is it possible to update an existing dataset with changes from the model?

Also note if I create a new dataset with new connection to the model I don't immediately see the new field.   I had to wait approx 1 hour before I saw the field.  I assume something is being cached.  

I'm currently working on a proof of concept hence development is fairly fluid.

Best

Lee 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Bjoern
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

@Anonymous

Both issues you have encountered should actually be working.

1. If you add a column/measure, it should (after deployment) be visible to the Power BI Web Service / PBI Desktop Application. Do you encounter the same problem with the desktop application?

2. Seeing the data after 1 hour is also uncommon. Does the manual refresh work and is the column still invisible afterwards?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Bjoern
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

@Anonymous

Both issues you have encountered should actually be working.

1. If you add a column/measure, it should (after deployment) be visible to the Power BI Web Service / PBI Desktop Application. Do you encounter the same problem with the desktop application?

2. Seeing the data after 1 hour is also uncommon. Does the manual refresh work and is the column still invisible afterwards?

How is 'it should work' a solution?

Has this been addressed. I have very inconsistent experiences like those described above. Most deployments are immediatelly visible, but sometimes there is a lag. Is there time needed to propogate changed through the cloud? What is causing this?

I'm experiencing exactly the same issue, is there a solution for this? I left mine overnight and still it had not updated, I had to rename the cube and create another connection on PowerBI. It's really frustrating.
Anonymous
Not applicable

The new data came in after a page refresh.   There was around a 15 minute lag which is okay.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

charticulator_carousel_with_text (1).png

Charticulator Design Challenge

Put your data visualization and design skills to the test! This exciting challenge is happening now through May 31st!

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Power BI Dev Camp Session 22 768x460.jpg

Check it out!

Mark your calendars and join us on Thursday, May 26 at 11a PDT for a great session with Ted Pattison!

Users online (316)