Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Dianica6
Frequent Visitor

Missing row

Hi 

I have an issue with power bi . A row with information is missing in the table view . 
I went to power query and I filter the specific row ans it is there , when I go to the table view ans filtwr the data is not there , there fore my visuals are not showing the data . 
Any help 

4 REPLIES 4
HotChilli
Super User
Super User

I was hoping for a picture of the data view with a window of data (so showing the rows before and after the missing row) but I can offer some advice based on the provided visuals.

The first thing I want you to do is load all the rows in Power Query (not just the usual 1000 for preview) and get the rowcount.  Close and apply.  Then check the rowcount in data view.  Please see if there is a discrepancy.

--

Next I would like you to experiment by duplicating the query (to use for testing so that you don't lose the original), removing all the query steps after ''Promoted Headers" then select all the columns and change the datatype to Text for them all.  Confirm the row you want to see is there.  Close and Apply.

Then check this new TestTable in data view and see whether the row is there.

---

I'm not available for a few hours but I will check back if you respond with the results of these tests

HotChilli
Super User
Super User

Can you post a picture from Power Query with the data, then another one from data view with the table sorted to show where it's missing from please?

Hi 

Thanks for looking at this 

This is my  row filtered in power query 

Dianica6_0-1655335700713.png

this is  the table view and i filtered the information and it is not there 

Dianica6_1-1655335829194.png

and if i go to the report and select MAY it should appear at least 1 Item and it is blank 

Dianica6_2-1655335882508.png

if i do a table jus with the incidents reported by Anna May doesnt appear 

Dianica6_3-1655335973481.png

Hi 

Thanks for looking at this 

This is my  row filtered in power query 

Dianica6_0-1655335700713.png

this is  the table view and i filtered the information and it is not there 

Dianica6_1-1655335829194.png

and if i go to the report and select MAY it should appear at least 1 Item and it is blank 

Dianica6_2-1655335882508.png

if i do a table jus with the incidents reported by Anna May doesnt appear 

Dianica6_3-1655335973481.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors