Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

MisterARG
Regular Visitor

Missing data from table

Hello

I need to get data from this webpage: http://www.fibalivestats.com/u/ADC/373975/bs.html. What I want is the boxscore info (individual stats) for both teams. Problem is, I can't get it "from web". The tables that I get in return are blank or null. Is there any way to get that information?

Thank you!

6 REPLIES 6
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Hmm, very odd, the tables seemed flagged correctly in "Web View" of the data connection but they certainly do not come through very well. You will probably have to resort to the old, bad way of doing things, which is to use Document and then drill down endlessly through the DOM until you get to what you want.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Thank you very much for your answer... I'm kind of new in this application. Where is that Document option?

I went through Document, digging down until I couldn't find more data. Still there's no trace of the info in the boxscores, not even the names of the players. Any idea how I can find it? I'm absolutely lost here 

Yeah, wading through the document DOM is generally miserable. Seems like they are doing something weird in presenting out their table information. I'll try to give it another look if I get some time today.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Thanks!

Could you work on it? Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors