Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

nabeelshahid
Frequent Visitor

Microsoft Project Online

hi,

I am trying to connect to 'Microsoft Project Online' Service via Power BI Web and after authentication i get below error

Capture.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @nabeelshahid @DanielClark,

The issue is resolved, please check that if you have any problems connecting to Project Online content pack.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21
Youssef
Employee
Employee

Hi All -

We had an issue with the Project Online content pack that is now fixed. Could you please try again and let us know if you are still hitting issues?

Thanks,

Youssef Shoukry
Product Manager, Power BI

Hi,

I am Ok with Project Online Content Pack now, its working fine.

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @nabeelshahid,

There is an internal issue stating the above problem that user is unable to connect to Project Online Content Pack, and engineer is working on this issue. I will post back once I get any updates.

Besides, as a temporary workaround for this issue, you can connect to Project Online using Get Data-> OData feed entry in Power BI Desktop following the instructions in this blog , then create your reports and publish them to Power BI Service.

Thanks,

Lydia Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi,

@v-yuezhe-msft any update on this issue?

Regards

Nabeel

Hi @nabeelshahid @DanielClark,

The issue is resolved, please check that if you have any problems connecting to Project Online content pack.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

hi Lydia Zhang

I am also facing this issue and posted my issue also on community. Would appreciate any help here.

Hi @v-yuezhe-msft 

Lamentably we continue having problems at the moment of updating the credentials when an URL is in use composed like: https://xxxxx.sharepoint.com/sites/pwa/_api/ProjectData/[en-US] . From Power BI Desktop it works to the perfection, but it to put to disposition to other users we could not have achieved the automatic refreshment of information:

Click Schedule Refresh. You will then see that you need to enter the credentials used for each OData endpoint used in the reports:

Click Edit credentials and select OAuth2 on the window that opens:

Click Sign In then enter the credentials / select the account as required. Repeat this for all of the OData connections.

“Failed to update data source credentials.”

Please help!

Hmm I'm running into this same issue now, please advise as i'm having problems connecting to Project Online content pack.

Hi @v-yuezhe-msft,

Looks good, I managed to connect and open the base dashboard and report using Get Data in the Web App using OAuth2 authentication. Windows authentication did not seem to work but this is no problem.

Thank you for your efforts.

Regards,

Daniel Clark
Business Insight Data Modeler @ BRIGHTSTARR

Hi @nabeelshahid

As mentioned in the Power BI Support site, regarding to the Project Online content pack issue, engineers are working on preparing the fix. Please take a look the update time.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

hi,

Thanks for your reply, I have already tried this option but i am facing problem in refreshing/scheduling DataSets.

Capture1.PNGCapture2.PNG

@v-yuezhe-msft many thanks for your positive reply. However this issue still exists!! How soon can i expect an update on it?

Capture1.PNGCapture2.PNG

Hi @nabeelshahid,

Do you have issues when re-connecting to Project Online content pack?

Thanks,

Lydia Zhang

Hi @nabeelshahid,

When refreshing the dataset, the error you get should be caused by the same reason as that you get when connecting to Project Online content pack in Power BI Service. This issue is being investigated, your patience is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

The OData option via the Desktop App appears to be working for me now with the following appended on the end of the URL.

/_api/projectdata/[en-us]

Regards,

Daniel

Daniel Clark

hi,

Well when you are asked to add the URL, application automatically appends '/_api/projectdata/[en-us]' to it.

My source URL this already added to it.

Via the Get Data option in PowerBI.com Correct?

I still have the same issue as you via this method, but this workaround is possible in the Desktop version of PowerBI.

1. Open PowerBI Desktop
  2. Get Data > OData Feed
  3. Enter https://<TenantName>.sharepoint.com/sites/<PWA Name>/_api/projectdata/[en-us]
  4. Use OAuth2 to connect with your PowerBI account (Now Organisational Account)

Though not a solution for the problem posted, it is a workaround that allows you to access and work with the data. It is possible to publish to the PowerBI Service online as well, though the data source will not refresh and must be done via the desktop app.

Hope this is useful, I am lookin forward to the App on the service working again also.

Regards,

Daniel Clark

Got this to work by dropping the [en-us] off the end of the URL. Thanks for this workaround!

I guess I spoke too soon... I got the list of Tables to show up, but when I try to download data I get a 404 error. Anyone have a solution to this??

Checked it again from desktop myside: (Updated my original answer as well)

1. Open PowerBI Desktop
  2. Get Data > OData Feed
  3. Enter https://<TenantName>.sharepoint.com/sites/<PWA Name>/_api/projectdata/[en-us]
  4. Use Organisational Account to connect with your PowerBI account 

Step 3: /_api/projectdata/[en-us] without this I got the 404 error. (ensure this is the right language for your Project Web App?)

Step 4: The authetication method that works now appears to be called Organisational Account.

Otherwise, can you post a screenshot of dump of the error you see.

Regards,

Daniel Clark

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors