Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

connor55

Merge query connection issue

Hey everyone!  

Every time I try to merge a query that uses a different source that the parent query, I get a connection error.  I'm not sure how to fix this, any help would be amazing!

I'm able to merge t

Screen Shot 2020-10-21 at 1.34.45 AM.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Anonymous I was looking for that setting you just shared when I stumbled across the setting below under 'Options'.  Allow multiple data sources was unchecked!  Everything is working fine now.  Thanks everybody!Screen Shot 2020-10-21 at 11.18.24 PM.png

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
PhilipTreacy
Super User
Super User

Hi @connor55 

Have you clicked on the 'Configure Connection' button (top right of your image) and entered info to make the connection?

Phil 

If I answered your question please mark my post as the solution.

If my answer helped solve your problem, give it a kudos by clicking on the Thumbs Up.

Did I answer your question? Then please mark my post as the solution.
If I helped you, click on the Thumbs Up to give Kudos.

Blog :: YouTube Channel :: Connect on Linkedin

Proud to be a Super User!

Hey @PhilipTreacy thanks for the response!

I have tried that, but I think I'm doing somthing wrong?  I selected the existing connection & it brought me back to the same configure connection pop up.  I then tried to create a new connection, and the same thing happened.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @connor55 ,

I think you need to do it for every connection you use. But the connection is defined quite vaguely here: multiple sources from the same web-domain should not require confirming a new connection. But, I believe, for two different domains it will ask you to connect twice. However, once you've connected, it should not ask you to do it again (for the same data source). Unless you using some weird form of anonymiser/firewall.

Kind regards,

JB  

@Anonymous Thanks for the reply!

All of these queries use the same host & endpoint.  It prompts me to change/add connections when I try to merge any of the queries that use a different parameter on that endpoint.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

Weird... Do you want to try to clean your data source settings:

DSS.png

It helped me on a different occasion when I had issues with data connections/authentication.

Kins regards,

JB

@Anonymous I was looking for that setting you just shared when I stumbled across the setting below under 'Options'.  Allow multiple data sources was unchecked!  Everything is working fine now.  Thanks everybody!Screen Shot 2020-10-21 at 11.18.24 PM.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @connor55

Could you let me know where did you find the "project options"? I cannot find it.

BR,

Tomasz Zakrzewski

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors