Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

atin
Resolver I
Resolver I

MdxScript(Model) (6, 48) Calculation error in measure 'Live_Files_ Billings'[Billings Live]: The fun

Hi everyone 

I have just had to refresh one of the visuals I created and getting this error message:

MdxScript(Model) (6, 48) Calculation error in measure 'Live_Files_ Billings'[Billings Live]: The function SUM cannot work with values of type String

Please can you advise on possible solutions

many thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-kkf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @atin ,

According to the error message, you are summing a column of text type in your measure formula. So please check the data type of the fields.

Best Regards,
Winniz

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
atin
Resolver I
Resolver I

Many thanks @v-kkf-msft for your assistance.
I checked the data and was able to detect that the column which I had used to create the measure had some texts in it. I have about 208 queries in the file and saw when unpivoting the columns during the transform process, I had not selected all the columns
However It works now  - Happy days 😊

v-kkf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @atin ,

According to the error message, you are summing a column of text type in your measure formula. So please check the data type of the fields.

Best Regards,
Winniz

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors