Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

May 2020 feature : Insert pivot table from PowerBI

Dear all!

Part of the new features in Excel, we now have the ability to create directly from Excel a pivot table from our datasets on PBI platform.

Is there a way to manage access to that feature ?

Actually, the users do not currently have access to the Analyze in Excel function in our current situation. We want to control the way the data is going to be used and expanded, so, even if we love the ability to connect directly to PBI from Excel, we would like to control it.

The only option I saw so far was to remove the function in the Excel ribbon, but I guess I need to be admin on my comptuer to change that. 

Is there another way ?

PY

2 REPLIES 2
dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous , 

The Excel Data Types Gallery and connected experiences to Power BI featured tables is only available for Excel E5 and G5 customers. And Excel only displays featured tables that are stored in the new Power BI workspaces, you need to have permission to access this. You could refer to service-excel-featured-tables  for requirements and limits.

Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @dax,

Thanks for the feedback!

Actually, even if users have access to the datasets, I would like to restrict the function from Excel 

So, far I could remove from the ribbon the whole function to create a pivot table (what I don't want to do),.

Is there another option ? 

PY

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors