Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Akos07
Helper I
Helper I

Matrix subtotal and total for string value

Hi,

I have the following problem, and i would like to ask for some help.

I have a simple matrix visuals that works with 2 tables, products[product_number], Prices[Price], and Products[Package_unit] columns. If i use the total and subtotal i get the sum for all the colums. The problem is i have string value in the matrix not just numeric value. 

I would like to get the following matrix as a result. I need this matrix to be exported in excel also, so coloring the column is not an option.

ASD123 | 100 | KG

ASD456 | 200 | G
------------------------

Total      | 300 | 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi,

I found the solution.  A simple dax formula seems to be working. 

Measure =

IF(
    ISFILTERED(table[xyz]),
    MAX(table[asd])
)

ISFILTERED returns false value for the total line. If you combine with IF, you can filter out that line and returns an empty value.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
henkvankester
Helper I
Helper I

I haven't found the correct solution yet for this, but I always change the color of the letters into the backgroundcolor only for the total of this column. You can use the settings of the visual at specific column for this. 

Hi,

I found the solution.  A simple dax formula seems to be working. 

Measure =

IF(
    ISFILTERED(table[xyz]),
    MAX(table[asd])
)

ISFILTERED returns false value for the total line. If you combine with IF, you can filter out that line and returns an empty value.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors