cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sstablein New Member

March Update caused error

Hello,

I developed a model using the February release, connected to A SQL Database. Should not matter the version. All was well untill I applied the March update and now I get the following error:

Stack Trace:

Invocation Stack Trace:

Couldn't load the schema for the database model
Couldn't load the model schema associated with this report. Make sure you have a connection to the server, and try again.

Error details
rsCannotRetrieveModel: An error occurred while loading the model for the item or data source 'c93b77dc-9f6c-41ac-8bfa-cf658ec59706'. Verify that the connection information is correct and that you have permissions to access the data source.

Stack trace
Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.CannotRetrieveModelException: An error occurred while loading the model for the item or data source 'c93b77dc-9f6c-41ac-8bfa-cf658ec59706'. Verify that the connection information is correct and that you have permissions to access the data source. ---> Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.ReportProcessingException: Cannot create a connection to data source 'EntityDataSource'. ---> System.InvalidOperationException: This implementation is not part of the Windows Platform FIPS validated cryptographic algorithms.

Activity ID
4d8fbbdd-40cc-452f-8a69-150b6a849232

Time
Sun Apr 17 2016 20:52:52 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

Version
2.33.4337.501 (PBIDesktop)

I am not connecting to an SSAS cube as my research indicates... Any thoughts?

I have verified this by uninstalling March application, reinstalling February application. I need March features. Please help....

Thanks...

1 REPLY 1
ankitpatira Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: March Update caused error

@sstablein I haven't came across where updating PBI desktop has caused issue with my data source. From the error you posted it seems like authentication issue. Can you not go to query editor and under the first step provide the credentials again and try?

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Topics Started Badges Coming

New Topics Started Badges Coming

We're releasing new versions of the badge that everyone's talking about. ;) Check your inbox for notifications.

MBAS 2020

Save the new date (and location)!

Our business applications community is growing—so we needed a different venue, resulting in a new date and location. See you there!

Difinity Conference

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)