Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

CarlsBerg999
Helper V
Helper V

Making Queries from SAP Odata reports

Hi,

I'm querying data from SAP Business ByDesing reports. Basically you create a report (="pivot table") and import this to PowerBI through an URL.  The URL looks like this: 

myXXXXXX.sapbydesign.com/sap/byd/odata/ana_businessanalytics_analytics.svc/RPZ2321FC51ED9EE5457F43ECQueryResults?$format=atom&$select=CDOC_INV_DATE,CDPY_BUYER_UUID,CIPR_REFO_CATCP,CIP_SALES_UNIT,FCITM_GR_AM_RC,FCZ0COUNT,TDPY_BUYER_UUID,TIPR_REFO_CATCP

What you can spot from the URL is that there is $format=atom. I'm in the understanding that this is XML. 

What you can also choose is to put in $format=JSON. 

Now for the question: As this is an URL to an Odata, should I in fact use PowerBI Get Data from Odata Feed or is it more suitable to select From Web (as this is an URL, right?) or if i choose the format to JSON, should i query it From JSON?

I'm at a loss in a way that I do get the results to work as an OData feed when it is formatted as Atom. But can or should i use the JSON or Web in some situations...?

Thanks for the clarification, I'm just looking to confirm that I'm making the import to PBI in the correct way.

1 REPLY 1
v-alq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @CarlsBerg999 

I'd like to suggest you refer to the following documents to see if they help.

Web connector 

OData Feed connector 

Json 

Best Regards

Allan

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors