Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Afonso

Make the visualization from SQL database online when I am offline

Hello,

I published a visualization from a SQL datasource and always when I am offline other people can't see the infographic.

I tried to understand this problem in the forum and in the settings, but I am terreibly bad with IT 😞

How can I make the visualization available when I am not connected to the internet?

thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi Afonso,

You siad that when you offline, users can't view the report, did them get any error information? Did you mean that this occur on service? You need to make sure that they have permission to read it. In addition, you could use database credential as database instead of your windows credential. If you are using direct connection, you need to make sure your sql server is running.

If there is any error information, please inform me in details.

Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I think I found why this is happening, when I go to "Datasets > My dataset > Gateway connection" the status is: "Running on my desktop".

But how to change it to run from the cloud instead of my desktop?

dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi Afonso,

If possible, could you please inform me your error information "when I go to "Datasets > My dataset > Gateway connection" the status is: "Running on my desktop"." by image or screenshots?

In addition, you could try to re-start your gateway and re-check whethet your dataset gateway is running.

Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

The error message is "Gateway is offline or it can't be reached". I am using my database credential.

The infographic is published to web, so it should be visible to everyone who access it, right? I have another one published that comes from a excel file source and it works normally even when I am offline.. This one from the SQL database doesn't work

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors