cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
magsb
Frequent Visitor

Macro

I am a begginer is useing Power BI and DAX. I need to substruct within one column. The column is called "DR" and has only DR08 and DR07, but this will be growing each month, so next month I will have DR09. I need to subtract every month the current one (so it will be DR09) and DR08, then in September, it will be DR10 and DR09. Is there a way to write a macro (or other solution) that will always take the current one and substruct from the previous one? Each dR comes from different file, and Forecast table has all them append.

Capture.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Greg_Deckler
Super User IV
Super User IV

@magsb I would recommend unpivoting those columns. Then you can construct a measure that finds the maximum value in the Attribute column and subtract it from the previous latest one.

---------------------------------------

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!

I have a NEW book! 
DAX Cookbook from Packt
Over 120 DAX Recipes!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Greg_Deckler
Super User IV
Super User IV

@magsb I would recommend unpivoting those columns. Then you can construct a measure that finds the maximum value in the Attribute column and subtract it from the previous latest one.

---------------------------------------

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!

I have a NEW book! 
DAX Cookbook from Packt
Over 120 DAX Recipes!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

This worked great. Thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

MBAS on Demand

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Get Ready for Power BI Dev Camp

Microsoft named a Leader in The Forrester Wave

Microsoft received the highest score of any vendor in both the strategy and current offering categories.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Top Kudoed Authors