Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Gazsim44
Helper III
Helper III

MIssing last column in Power Query

Hi All, 

I have a query setup which imports new data from various excel sheets each week. However this morning and for some unknown reason my query has stopped recognising or importing the last columns on these queries! 

The excel sheets themselves are fine and nothing has changed other than the usual weekly update and so I am completely lost as to why this column(s) is now missing not just on one query but on several?

Thanks, 

Gaz

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi, just to add that as a workaround I have found that my adding an additional 'unwanted' column at the end of my reports that I am importing this then in part resolves the problem as that column now being the last is being ignored and the one I need is not!

Bizarre!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
tsibilski
Frequent Visitor

The solution is to delete the Expanded Table step and once again Expand on the Content table. That seems to be fixing the issue.

devlee143

Hi - I was experiencing the same problem - i.e. the last column of the file was not being loaded, for me this problem was solved when amending the (defaulted) Row Delimiter value of (\r, \n or \r \n) to Line feed (\n)

Hope this helps; kr, Dilip

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, It's weird, but I have the same problem for two weeks! Possible that the new update doesn't work correctly? Hopefully, Microsoft solves this issue with the next update.

PradipMCT
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hi @Gazsim44 ,

It will be difficult to assume the cause of missing column but according to my knowledge, the Power Query is highly case sensitive. If the spelling or the case is different from the one in Power Query then it may not import it. In such cases the Power Query gives error. 

Another reason that i can think of could be data type mismatch.

Is it possible for you to share the file?

Regards,

Pradip Microsoft Certified Trainer

Pradip's YouTube Channel

Hi Pradip, 

Unfortunately I can't share the files as the information is too confidential and extensive to try and remove / replace. 😞

However, I have just noted that by deleting a random column in the excel file received before importing with power query has in sort resolved the issue as the last column is now visible!?

Obviously this is not ideal but can you think of any reason why this would be?

Thanks, 

Gaz

Hi, just to add that as a workaround I have found that my adding an additional 'unwanted' column at the end of my reports that I am importing this then in part resolves the problem as that column now being the last is being ignored and the one I need is not!

Bizarre!

This thread is a few years old, but I just had this problem. In my case the source is an .xls file. I opeded the source and saved as .xlsx, then used the new file as the source and no longer had the issue.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors