Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Romain_PH
Regular Visitor

MFA Authentifcation Issue when connecting to file on SharePoint

Hello,

I develop a report that connect to an Excel File host in SharePoint. On my side i have no issue to connect to the file however one of my user when getting the MFA authentifcation after entering the Code send by message receive an error page and refreshing it receive the following message:

Request Id:  c9f9c12b-ad6e-4c12-96a8-b47fd0dcaf00 

Correlation Id:  d8ea02bd-5169-41a2-b519-658191736573 

Timestamp:  2020-08-20T09:06:31Z 

Message:  AADSTS90014: The required field 'request' is missing from the credential. Ensure that you have all the necessary parameters for the login request. 

The person has full access to the site and the file so I don't understand what really is going on.

Thanks for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

We figure it out the issue.

It was indeed an MFA related issue and we fix it by updating the last Windows 10 version thanks to Microsoft Support.

So for the other folks out there that might get that issue or error message make sure your Windows is up to date.

Cheers

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@Romain_PH - Not quite sure, hard to troubleshoot. Maybe talk to support. You could check the Issues forum here:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/idb-p/Issues

And if it is not there, then you could post it.

If you have Pro account you could try to open a support ticket. If you have a Pro account it is free. Go to https://support.powerbi.com. Scroll down and click "CREATE SUPPORT TICKET".

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Thanks @Greg_Deckler  will post on the Issue forum. I have a Power BI pro account but my user do not and i am not able to reporduce the issue on my device.

I am suspecting an issue on the user's computer and her IP as when tried to login with my credential on her computer I get the same error message. Local IT have recently reinstalled everything for this user laptop to be able to use Power BI and they migh have misconfigure something.

We figure it out the issue.

It was indeed an MFA related issue and we fix it by updating the last Windows 10 version thanks to Microsoft Support.

So for the other folks out there that might get that issue or error message make sure your Windows is up to date.

Cheers

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors