Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

LeighMacKay
Helper I
Helper I

Lost connecting to SQL Server Database

Hi all,

Hoping you can help me.  I've been connecting to a data source for some time.  And all of a sudden it has just stopped on me.

I have tried going in to Source cog in the Queries pane and reconnecting to SQL Server database.  Entering Server name and database name. But it won't re-establish it's connection.

The error I keep getting is as follows ....

DataSource.Error: Microsoft SQL: A connection was successfully established with the server, but then an error occurred during the login process. (provider: SSL Provider, error: 0 - The certificate chain was issued by an authority that is not trusted.)
Details:
DataSourceKind=SQL
DataSourcePath=tc-sql01\sql2008;Venu2
Message=A connection was successfully established with the server, but then an error occurred during the login process. (provider: SSL Provider, error: 0 - The certificate chain was issued by an authority that is not trusted.)
Number=-2146893019
Class=20

does anybody have any advice for me on how I can resestablish the connection please? I'd be eternally grateful.

Many thanks

3 REPLIES 3
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @LeighMacKay 

From the error message, it seems it's the error from Gateway, right?

If so, there is a similar post which was solved, you can check whether the solution helps you or not.

From this thread, it indicates that you may re-select the proper credential type and re-enter the credential.

Besides this, there may be some useful steps to check the connection to SQL Server.

Check the connection from SQL Server side:  Use Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio to connect to SQL Server

Some tips on how to troubleshoot loss of connection with SQL server.

Best Regards

Maggie

Community Support Team _ Maggie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you for your reply.  I managed to solve the connection issues using the link you provided.

Thank you for your reply.  I managed to solve the connection issues using the link you provided.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors