Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ahsanlhcgov
Helper III
Helper III

Lost Gateway Key

please can someone tell me how can I find my Gateway key. All my dshboards are down showing the error

We reached the data gateway, but the gateway can't access the on-premises data source.
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.

i dont have the key with me

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ahsanlhcgov,

What's the "Gateway key" do you mean? Is it Recovery Key when you register the gateway? If that is a case, as far as I know, we can't find if you havn't kept this key before.

As you mentioned the gateway can't access the on-premise data source, did this data source resides on the different computer from one has the gateway? Which data source did you want to connect to?

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
ppereira
Regular Visitor

I just want to update gateway software for latest version since it stopped working with the version currently installed (which is actually quiet old). In order to complete the upgrade I'm being asked for the recovery key. I don't have it since this was installed some years ago and there is no trace of it.

How can I complete the process without the recovery key or get a new one?

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ahsanlhcgov,

What's the "Gateway key" do you mean? Is it Recovery Key when you register the gateway? If that is a case, as far as I know, we can't find if you havn't kept this key before.

As you mentioned the gateway can't access the on-premise data source, did this data source resides on the different computer from one has the gateway? Which data source did you want to connect to?

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

There is no solution here.

How do I get a recovery key? I do not want to re-install, I want to migrate an existing gateway.

Thanks for your input. I actually managed to resolve it by installing a new gateway. All is working fine now. 

Did you have to change the link to the reports also?

No, I just installed the gateway again which fixed the issue. 

I have created another gateway but I need to add in the dataset that is already uploaded. 

Can you tell me how to add a gateway to an existing dataset? 

Do we need to do it on this screen?

Screenshot (54).png

dimazaid
Employee
Employee

From the error message it looks like the data source can't be accessed. What do you see in the gateway logs? Any error messages? 
Why do you need the gateway key?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors