Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

bloffet
Frequent Visitor

Loop through a SharePoint list and build one query per item in that list.

Hi all,

I have as a need to connect to muliple SharePoint sites and look at the "Pages" library of each of those sites to perform certain actions/reporting in Power BI.

The way I'm doing this now is to manually create one data source connection per site and look into the page library of each site.

This is working fine, but I'd like to make this process dynamic, as I could have additional SharePoint sites in the future.

I was thinking to use a SharePoint list to store all sharepoint site urls, and loop trhough that list with Power BI to build my different queries.

Is this something that is possible ? If yes, could you give me some pointers on how to start ?

Thanks for your answer.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Michal_cwiok
Resolver II
Resolver II

It is possible. You can access those URLS using Custom Functions. Moreover, you can make it conditional i.e. if url contains some text, apply function1, otherwise function 2. I tried to cover it here and here.

If you paste more info, perhaps we can help you with writing such a query.

Thanks,
Michal

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Michal_cwiok
Resolver II
Resolver II

It is possible. You can access those URLS using Custom Functions. Moreover, you can make it conditional i.e. if url contains some text, apply function1, otherwise function 2. I tried to cover it here and here.

If you paste more info, perhaps we can help you with writing such a query.

Thanks,
Michal

Hello Michal,

Thanks a lot for your useful answer.

I think I'll be able to build what I want, if not I'll come back to you.

Have a nice day

Benoît

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors