Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Marcus-G
Frequent Visitor

(Looking For Help) Merging Qualifiable Data for Counts in Report View

I am writing this as I am fairily new to Power BI and was tasked with creating some reporting with my companies data and I was wondering if I could have someone give me some quick pointers on this issue I have.

The info that I am tasked to create a report with is all in Qualifiable data with no values and for the straight forward items its as easy as dropping in the column and selecting it as a count value.

The issue arises for an example I have attached below.

Capture.PNG

So for some of the data some companies can order a product but can order different ones on top of a single order but since its linked to an individual order and date each item is listed in the 1/2/3 item column.

My issue is trying to combine these items so that I can have a count of total "Choco" for example to use in a report that can link either per company or individual based on all 3 columns as a single value. My only solution at the moment is to enter each column as a value but for example on a stack bar chart will come up as 3 seperate values for "Choco" on top of each other when only 1 is needed for ease of use and formating.

If any better explaination is needed please let me know and thank you anyone for taking the time out of their day to help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yalanwu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Marcus-G ;

You could create a measure by dax.

totalcount = 
CALCULATE(COUNT('Table'[Cookie 1]),'Table'[Cookie 1]="Choco")+
CALCULATE(COUNT('Table'[Cookie 2]),'Table'[Cookie 2]="Choco")+
CALCULATE(COUNT('Table'[Cookie 3]),'Table'[Cookie 3]="Choco")

The final show:

vyalanwumsft_0-1669604027558.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yalan Wu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yalanwu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Marcus-G ;

You could create a measure by dax.

totalcount = 
CALCULATE(COUNT('Table'[Cookie 1]),'Table'[Cookie 1]="Choco")+
CALCULATE(COUNT('Table'[Cookie 2]),'Table'[Cookie 2]="Choco")+
CALCULATE(COUNT('Table'[Cookie 3]),'Table'[Cookie 3]="Choco")

The final show:

vyalanwumsft_0-1669604027558.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yalan Wu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

HotChilli
Super User
Super User

You have 2 options to keep things simple:

write a measure to count the values in each 'cookie' column i.e. you combine the resuts for each column

or

UnPivot the 'Cookie' columns in Power Query and you'll have one column to write a measure or drag on to a visual to use default aggregations

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors