cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shaunwilks Member

Re: Long time "Evaluating..." for no apparent reason during data import. Can it be made fa

Had one of our DEv staff upgrade to the August and September releases and solutions that have never had a probloem now timeout on dataload or sit in Evaluating mode.

Something is BROKEN !

Microsoft PLEASE Fix !

Autonomousone Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: Long time "Evaluating..." for no apparent reason during data import. Can it be made fa

Issue affecting me too.

Raised a ticket with PBI helpdesk, will keep you posted on response.

dmac412 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

@Autonomousone  Did you ever get a response from the power bi team ?

Autonomousone Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Sorry for the late response. 

So after i raised the ticket, I came back over the weekend after shutting down my computer find that it was working correctly. I then recieved a call from MS and they advised to clear power BI cache and to then restart. 

Though I wasn't able to replicate this at that time that time, I ran into the same evaluation problem a few hours ago and after following the PBI team's advice - it appeared to have resolved the issue.

I followed the the steps in this link and just restarted my computer. 

https://www.c-sharpcorner.com/blogs/how-to-clear-cache-of-power-bi-desktop

Fingers crossed this works for you. 

Highlighted
noumanqaiser Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Hello,

I am facing the exact same issue. Despite the fact that we use Power Bi Premium for Incremental refresh, it seems Power Bi is downloading the entire Datatable during 'Evaluating' when any changes are made in the queries. This makes making changes to queries very tiring and difficult when handling large databases. 

In a nutshell, this eliminates the usefullness of Incremental refresh fundamentally. Can you kindly confirm why PowerBI talkes ages at evaluating and what is done to ensure that Power BI desktop doesnt end up downloading entire database tables in PowerBI Desktop?

Regards,

Nouman Qaiser

Helpful resources

Announcements
Can You Solve These Challenge

Challenge: Can You Solve These?

Find out how to participate in the first Power BI 'Can You Solve These?' challenge.

Community News & Announcements

Community News & Announcements

Get your latest community news and announcements.

Virtual Launch Event

Microsoft Business Applications October Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

Community Kudopalooza

Win Power BI Swag with Community Kudopalooza!

Each week, complete activities and be qualified in the drawing for cool Power BI Swag.

Users Online
Currently online: 6 members 3,305 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: