Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

BFroc
Frequent Visitor

Hey everyone,

I'm trying to log into my PowerBI Pro O365 account through Excel 2013 PowerQuery in order to begin creating a Data Catalogue. When attempting to sign in, the service tells me I don't have a license. Is this because we don't have Azure running? I know this can't be done on Prem, but it seems odd because I am a PowerBI Pro user (on the temporary license program from the spring changes). The one thing I'm not entirely certain about is searching the data catalogue feature results in ending up on the Azure site. Do we need to have Azure installed to perform this? I can't even log in to the PowerBI service from PowerQuery though...

Am I missing something?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@BFroc,

You don't need to have Azure installed.

Do you use a pro trial account to sign in Power BI under Power Query tab? I get a error message as follows when using a pro trial account to sign in Power BI. Everything works well when I use a pro license account to sign in Power BI, and I can use the data catalogue feature.
1.JPG

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@BFroc,

You don't need to have Azure installed.

Do you use a pro trial account to sign in Power BI under Power Query tab? I get a error message as follows when using a pro trial account to sign in Power BI. Everything works well when I use a pro license account to sign in Power BI, and I can use the data catalogue feature.
1.JPG

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Lydia,

yes, I'm using a pro trial account. I guess the integration isn't available to trial users.

Thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors