Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Loading multiple times during data refresh

Hi everyone,

I have an issue.

In Power BI Desktop, when I refresh all data from my fact table, the app restarts data refreshment twice. So it takes double times.

Can someone tell me why and what is the solution ?

Thank you.

7 REPLIES 7
monserob
Frequent Visitor

I did fix my issue but it's a while ago and I'm struggling to remember exactly what I did. Are you using custom sql queries when retrieving the data? I think I changed my queries to use query folding as much as possible and I think that resolved it.

watkinnc
Super User
Super User

It's a common issue, but if you structure your query correctly, you can stop that from happening. Can you post your query?

I’m usually answering from my phone, which means the results are visualized only in my mind. You’ll need to use my answer to know that it works—but it will work!!
srk_powerbi
Helper II
Helper II

i am facing same issue. anyone has solution to this?

@monserob 

@oscarmqz 

@v-juanli-msft 

Hi, it's been a while but I think my issue was that I had a query that was like my master query that was then referenced 3 times in other queries to transform columns in different ways, like splits, etc. What I had to do, is disabling the load in the original query since I wasn't even using it in the dashboard

Query pulling from the source:

Capture4.jpeg

Queries referencing master query:

Capture3.JPG

Hope this helps,

Oscar Marquez

monserob
Frequent Visitor

Hi, did you get to the bottom as to why your data was being loaded twice as I'm experiencing the same issue?

My fact table has 5 million records; not an insignificant number and takes a while to load so seems a shame it repeats the load for no apparent reason if there's something that could be done to stop this.

oscarmqz
Advocate II
Advocate II

Same is happening to me, I have set an incremental refresh reading from SQL database, my table has right now 9 million rows. Everytime I do a change and close the query editor, it starts refreshing, as soon as it reads the whole 9 million rows (1.2 hrs) it starts all over again for the same table...I got here looking for a solution

v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

I can't reproduce your problem.

How do you find the refresh occurs twice?

Does it refresh successfully everytime?

Could you show some screenshots?

Best Regards
Maggie

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors