Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Reem

Live connection between Power BI and Elastic Search

We are working on an Enterprise News Management System that allows users to create, edit, circulate and publish news stories. We would like to enhance the system by adding a statistical module that allows managers at customer side to create visual reports and dashboards summerizing the overall performance at their organization. Sample reports are: average news coverage time, editors/translators performance reports.  

It is required that all reports support fuzzy text search in news title and content (story text) and that results are returned in timely manner. Currently, our system provides quick text search in news repository through elastic search. So, my question is can I create reports using Power BI that maintains a live connection with elastic search and gets the charts data directly from elastic through Rest API calls instead of having to import data to Power BI SQL Server DB ? 

2 REPLIES 2
ross_lambert
Regular Visitor

Hi @Reem,

Blueprint Technologies (my employer) has a product, Conduit, that can not only connect Power BI to Elastic Search but also do so with DirectQuery. I think it will do most of what you need, and we can probably chat about the rest.

Ping me if you still need this.

Thanks,

== Ross ==

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Reem,

It is not possible to use live connection mode in Power BI Desktop to connect to Elastic Search. You can review the data sources supported by DirectQuery in this article.

In addition, you can consider to import data to SQL database, then use DirectQuery mode.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors