Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

lienbrusselaers
Frequent Visitor

Live connect elastic search and other data sources

Dear all,

I am trying to build a real-live dashboard (or report in Power BI terms) to track users and usage of a platform and make strategic decisions based on this information/analysis.

Our main data source for this is a multi-dimensional data model in Elastic Search. A few questions have come up during my analysis to know if this would be possible because of my limited technical knowledge.

• Can Elastic Search be connected live to Power BI? Will we have to transform our data to fit with SSAS?
    • If so, how would you tackle this transformation?
  • In case we were able to use a live connection (we are willing to change our dataset to be able to do this analysis) is it possible to make multiple connections? E.g. we would have our user data and in another dataset (e.g. excel) we have information about linkedin posts, because we would like to see if we have more users because of a linkedin post or ad. Is this possible when using a live connection?

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards.

1 REPLY 1
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @lienbrusselaers 

As per my knowledge, There is no option to connect Elastic Search live to Power BI like SSAS.

You could try use Web API to connect it.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Power-Query/Using-ElasticSearch-in-PowerBI-Search/td-p/142226

For requirement: mutiple connections, there is a similar feature in Power BI-dynamic query parameter.

Power BI Desktop Query Parameters, Part 1

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Dynamic-Data-Source-based-on-parameter/td-p/260077

Best Regards
Maggie
Community Support Team _ Maggie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors