cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
nairisha Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Live Dashboard Update as the data comes into the database

I have a database hosted in AWS and would like to update my dashboard as the data comes into the database. Is there any away that you know of ? I have been able to do a test with Azure Stream Analytics but have not found a way to utilize the database in AWS.

If you know any way to handle the situation please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ankitpatira Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Live Dashboard Update as the data comes into the database

@nairisha Power BI has directquery feature (live connection) for databases in sql server. I can see there are number of ideas posted here for AWS and you should vote for one to prioritise development in this area (assuming directquery will also be possible for aws databases). You can also consider option to use power bi rest apis in a custom app to push data in realtime to datasets in power bi and figure out a way to extract data from aws database in realtime (may be a trigger).

1 REPLY 1
ankitpatira Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Live Dashboard Update as the data comes into the database

@nairisha Power BI has directquery feature (live connection) for databases in sql server. I can see there are number of ideas posted here for AWS and you should vote for one to prioritise development in this area (assuming directquery will also be possible for aws databases). You can also consider option to use power bi rest apis in a custom app to push data in realtime to datasets in power bi and figure out a way to extract data from aws database in realtime (may be a trigger).

Helpful resources

Announcements
Virtual Launch Event

Microsoft Business Applications October Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

Power BI Helps Homeless and Trouble Youth

Power BI Helps Homeless and Trouble Youth

We spoke with Power BI Super User, Greg Deckler, about his charity work

MBAS Gallery

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Users Online
Currently online: 345 members 4,083 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: