Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

alexhauge
Advocate I
Advocate I

Links on Dashboards not Working inside of Microsoft Teams

Hello,

My organization is currently attempting to integrate some of our Power BI reports and dashboards into Microsoft Teams using the Power BI "Add a tab" or website "Add a tab", but we are noticing that when we do so, the links that we have on our reports and dashboards do not take us to their intended targets after clicking on them. It is as if Teams completely ignores the links in the report.

Has anyone else noticed this or experienced a similar issue?

Thanks,

Alex

3 REPLIES 3
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @alexhauge,

Based on my test, after add the Power BI report to Microsoft Teams, left click on the link will not go to target page. Regarding this issue, I will consult it internally. If I get any information, will update here.

Besides, please try to right click on the link and select the "Open link in a new tab" to open target web page. This is working on my side.

w1.PNG

Best Regards,
QiuyunYu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi QiuyunYu,

Thanks for your suggestion.  Right clicking and selecting open link in new tab seems to be working and links to the desired Power BI report in Internet Explorer.  For some reason, we were not seeing that as an option for a little while.  

Do you know if it will be possible to keep everything contained within Teams in the future?  It would be nice to not have to switch between the teams and report windows.

Thanks again,

Alex

Hi @alexhauge I have the same issue. The right click works for me but would also like to have a normal left click bring me where I want to go. Please let me know if you found any new information on this topic.

Cheers!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors