Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jeroenwmwillems
Advocate I
Advocate I

Link PowerBI to Facebook Analytics (the business version).

Hi all,

We're using Facebook Analytics (not the normal Facebook page where people have posted about in this forum) and are trying to link some user data to our backend in PowerBI. 

I can't find anything on this online and the person that is setting up our PowerBI dashboard has not been able to get it working either.

Is it possible to do this at all, and if so, how?

Thanks for your help in advance! 

Jeroen

7 REPLIES 7
michaelbilling
Helper II
Helper II

@jeroenwmwillems 

I've recently investigated your question. Facebook hasn't provided an API yet for the Facebook Analytics data.

When they do, I'll be the first to build the connector for it - so when you hear something from Facebook let me know!

Tracking data is typically a bit heavy on the API if you want to leverage the PBI features so this. Typically discount counts are of good value, and then you need the hit/log-data to accomplish this. Pulling realtime results may work, but for good and free filtering this only gets you a part of the way.

If you are interessted in Google Analytics (or know someone who is) take a look a how Scitylana can give you a complete data lake with your hit/log data. When Facebook opens up, Scitylana will provide the same features.

Did you know that using aggregated tracking data in PBI may lead to wrong result. The cause is overcounting and in the case of Google Anlaytics also sampling is a BIG issue.

v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @jeroenwmwillems ,

I have a little confused about your scenario.

What facebook data do you want to import to Power BI?

Normally, we could import the Facebook page data like this example.

Pease describe your scenario in more details so that we could help further on it.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-piga-msft 

I've made a connector for Facebook Pages and Ads. More intuitive than the comprehensive example you link to 🐵

https://github.com/mbilling/pbiconnectors

Hey Michael,

Your connectors are great! Super useful. Quick question anyway we can pull the unique reach value from the Facebook ads connector? Right now it pulls the daily reach which isn’t unique reach over a longer period of time. Do you also plan on an updated LinkedIn connector? Thanks again for some great work.

@abernal79,

I'm glad you find it valuable! 🙂

The reach metric is aggregated by server-side by the FB API and calculated by counting internal distinct users id's.

This makes it hard to "reverse-engineer" and the only thing that would be possible is to have pre-determined time ranges. The connector was initially build to get the low granularity. But the reach is one of the metrics that really doesn't comply well with this approach.

You can add a feature request here: https://github.com/mbilling/pbiconnectors/issues

Hi Cherry @v-piga-msft ,

Thanks for your reply. 

I'll try to explain: 

I'm talking about the product of Facebook, called Facebook Analytics. This is similar to Google Analytics, and nothing like the normal Facebook pages described in the link. For reference: https://analytics.facebook.com/

This is what I'm looking to link in.

Hope this clarifies.

Kind regards,

Jeroen

Hi @jeroenwmwillems ,

Sorry for my misunderstood!

I'm afraid that there is no direct connector Facebook Analytics.

You may try other ways, such as API, ODATA in Power BI.

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors