Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

adt180
Regular Visitor

Limit of 1000 Values Reach || Salesforce Reports

So I've run into a conundrum.  Been using Power BI for months in my department and recently generated a new report in Salesfoce that BI in pulling data from.  For some odd reason my 3rd column in is randomly grabbing 1000 of the 5000 available rows instead of all 5000.  Is there a permission set I'm missing?  This is just a plain text field and not set to a particular Data Type

image.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@adt180,

This is by design, the manual checkbox selection can only show 1000 values in Query Editor. In your scenario,  you can use “Text Filters” to apply different filters to the result set.

1.JPG

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
EugeneLebedev
Helper III
Helper III

Salesforce Reports connector is the most convenient way of extracting data into Power BI. It only allows you to extract 2000 rows though. However, you can work around this limitation using third-party tools. Here is the approach that I would recommend: https://vidi-corp.com/salesforce-reports-connector-to-power-bi/

pablobarra
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hi

Power BI conection to Salesforce reports has a limit of 2000 records, you won't be able to get more than that till this is changed in Salesforce side.

I saw that you want to select a field name, there is a limit in Power BI of 1000 values in the manual checkbox. You will receive 2000 records, but the manuakl selection will show only 1000 in query editor.

If you want to pick a single value, you can use the filter option (equals= fieldname).

If you want to get the latest one, you can use the SFDC Createddate field and apply a filter (last 30 days or so) before filtering by name.

You can also remove "SRQ-" in you example from SRQ request, and change type to numeric (the name field is autonumeric plus "SRQ-"). You can sort descending and that will allow you to select one of the laatest 1000 records.

Or you can add a filter like the numeric value is greater than....

Regards

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@adt180,

This is by design, the manual checkbox selection can only show 1000 values in Query Editor. In your scenario,  you can use “Text Filters” to apply different filters to the result set.

1.JPG

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors