Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

wmenergy

Legends for reference layer and color scales in ArcGis for Power BI

Is this feature ever going to happen? It's really strange that ArcGIS for PBI doesn't allow you to show a dynamic legend on the map. For example, if I have a map with a reference layer and points that are color-scaled, I'd like to be able to have a legend on screen that shows my viewers what those color scales mean. Having to hover over each different color to understand that Red is A, Blue is B, Green is C, etc., is really cumbersome and makes it harder to give the viewer a good overall sense of what they're looking at. Right now I'm resorting to overlaying a pixelated screenshot of the color ramp (under symbol style) onto the PBI dashboard. It's especially annoying because if my data change I have to re-screenshot and import this legend again. PLEASE add this functionality, and soon. This has been discussed on these forums since early 2016. Tableau can do this kind of thing, why can't PBI/ArcGIS?

1 REPLY 1
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@wmenergy,

It is not possible to show dynamic legend in the ArcGIS map, regrading to this issue, you can submit a feature request in this forum: https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors