Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

kgr
Frequent Visitor

Join two tables to add multiple rows with details

Hi, 

I want to join two tables, one of them contains all postings grouped and summarized into one row:

Product Code

Booking number

Amount

I want to split it up / ungroup in a way to see all the details behind the transaction:

Product Code

Booking number

Product

User

Amount

A1

Tom

B2

Carl

C5

Edwin

D3

Adam

F1

Bert

How do I do this? I know how to group a table to reduce number of rows. How do I combine it with another table to add some rows.

Not all rows in the first table might have detailed information but it is the master table that I want to keep the value e.g. 150 from. I just want to add the detailed information. 

How do I do this in a smart way? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @kgr ,

not sure if I understand correctly... but did you try merging tables by the first to columns and bring the details as a separate column?

If you need it at run-time (in the visual) you can create an index column by combining two first rows and create a relationship in the editor...

If this does not answer your question, please give more details. Considering you have tables A & B what is the look of the combined table you are wanting to achieve?

Thanks,

JB

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @kgr ,

not sure if I understand correctly... but did you try merging tables by the first to columns and bring the details as a separate column?

If you need it at run-time (in the visual) you can create an index column by combining two first rows and create a relationship in the editor...

If this does not answer your question, please give more details. Considering you have tables A & B what is the look of the combined table you are wanting to achieve?

Thanks,

JB

kgr
Frequent Visitor

Thank you, a merge was actually what I was looking for. Not so easy to "ungroup" data, easier to summarize and consolidate different lines into one.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors