Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Join between two extracted Bex Queries from SAP BW

Hi All,

I have extracted two Bex queries which are related to COPA flow and Shipment flow respectively in SAP BW. But I was not able to Join between them and not able to divide them. Actually I joined by using Time characterstics as common key is not exist but values were not matching as expected.

And It was possible in SAP BO WEBI reports. They can match objects in tables and divide them without maintain any join operations. Can anyone suggest me same kind of option which is avalible in Power BI? Please let me know.

Regards,

Ramki

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous ,

How about the result after you follow the suggestions mentioned in my original post?Could you please provide more details about it If it doesn't meet your requirement?

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Dong Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
v-lid-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

What is the format of the Time characterstics column in Power BI? Does other columns in two tables have the same name? Could you please provide a sample mockup table based on fake data or describle the fields of each tables and the relations between tables simply? Please don't have any Confidential Information or Real data in your reply.

Best regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi ,

Below are format which I had in power BI and which are Matrix format. I need to divde them and make it another table.

Q1        Q2       Q3      Q4

X         800       700     600      500

Y         900       800     600      500

--------------------------------------------

X         200       350      300     250

Y         450       400      300     250

Regards,

Ramki.

Hi @Anonymous ,

We can try to append two tables after unpivote them,  If it doesn't meet your requirement, could you please show the exact expected result based on the Tables that you have shared.

11.jpg12.jpg13.jpg

Best regards,

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi ,

Below are format which I had in power BI and which are Matrix format. I need to divde them and make it another table.

Hi ,

X         200       350      300     250

Y         450       400      300     250

Result :

X         4          2          2         2

Y         2          2          2         2

Regards,

Ramki.

Hello @Anonymous 

i would suggest you post here the current datatable from your Power BI (go to the Table in Power BI, click on the upper left symbol and select copy table) and post the table here in the forum. Please change them if contains sensitive data.

Please post also a table with your expected result and a detailed description how it's achieved (if needed).

All the best

Jimmy

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Jimmy,

Thanks for your help. I will try this option if not works again get back to you.

Regards,

Ramki.

Hi @Anonymous ,

How about the result after you follow the suggestions mentioned in my original post?Could you please provide more details about it If it doesn't meet your requirement?

Best regards,

Anonymous
Not applicable

HI Jimmy,

It is working fine but I have used group by option  after I follwed you same what you said.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Ramki.

Hi @Anonymous ,

After unpivote two tables, we can merge them into another table.

14.jpg

Then we expand the value of table2 and create another column to get the divided value

15.jpg16.jpg17.jpg

At last, we can pivot the ID and Attribute column to get the disire table

18.jpg19.jpg

Best regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors