Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Java Script Error when connecting through desktop app. Web app connects fine.

When I log into the online PowerBI web app, I can connect fine to Quickbooks Online data.  However, when I try to use the Power BI Desktop, I get a Javascript error at the point that I try to login.

error.PNG

I'm sure this has something to do with my Explorer settings, but have tried multiple fixes and this same error pops up every time.  If I click Yes or No, the window to login shows the framing for Quickbooks, but no place to enter credentials.

errorQBO.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

Did you download the lastest desktop version from Windows Store or from here?

If you download it from Windows Store, please download it directly from here.

Here is a similar thread.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Quickbooks-PowerBI-Desktop-connector-sign-in-broken/idi-p/418109

Best Regards
Maggie

Community Support Team _ Maggie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Success!  I finally got this to work!  This is a very odd situation, would be nice for someone at MS to figure out what's different between the version on the Power BI site and the Windows Store!

First, you have to specifically click on the Advanced Download Options on the Power BI site. 

ss.PNG

That brings you to this site where you have to select the product and download it

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=45331

Thank you for pointing me to that other thread.  After reading the posts from the number of other users that have been experiencing this same error for over a year, I finally found something that worked!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi and thank you for your response! The version I downloaded was from Office.com.  However, I uninstalled and re-installed but the same issue is occurring. 

The version number in the link you gave is the same from Office.com which appears to be the latest: Version: 2.69.5467.1751 64-bit (May 2019).

In in the title of the link you sent, there is a different May 2019 version which is Version: 2.69.5467.1251.

I'm wondering if this is a 32/64 bit issue or if I can find a rolled back version to the one mentioned above and try that. 

Thoughts?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors