Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

franciscomateo
Regular Visitor

Issues with dashboarding sharing

Hello to everyone,

I would need some help, because we are having problems sahring our dashboards with internal and external colleagues.

Only if I share my dashboard with an administrator of the dashboard itself it is possible to see it properly.

If I shared my dashboards with other colleagues, they received the link properly but then they only see boxes with crosses inside them.

Have this issue happened to anyone else ? 

Thank you very much

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

@franciscomateo,

When you configure RLS in the dataset, you would need add the users to the role member in Power BI Service, otherwise the users you shared dashboard to will get the error message.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

@franciscomateo,

You can use one of the following options to work around this issue.

1. Get Power BI RLS to work with external users by using map user name feature. There is a blog for your reference.
2. Create separate report with the external users data already filtered out, then share the separate dashboard to external users.

Regards,
Lydia

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@franciscomateo

Do your colleagues can view contents of the shared dashboard in web browser after clicking the link? If so, there is no issues with Power BI. Please note that when you share dashboard to colleagues, both you and the colleagues should have pro license.

The boxes and crosses you describe are related to settings of your email client(e.g.outlook). You can review the following example, right click the notification in the first screenshot and choose "Download pictures", you will be able to view images as shown in the second screenshot.
1.JPG2.JPG

Regards,
Lydia

Thank you very much!

I really appreciate the answer of my post but I am afraid it is another thing what is happend.

Look I attached a screenshot with how a colleague can see my panel.

POWER BI 2.pngPO.png

Hope you can help me to find a solution, my colleagues with I sharing the panels have pro license.

Thank you very much

Kindly regards

@franciscomateo,

Could you please translate the above error message in English? In addition, what is  the data source of your report? Would you mind sharing me the PBIX file so that I can test?

Regards,
Lydia

Yes sorry I forget to transalate.

POWER BI 2.png

"Data can not be loades fot this visual object

Data can not be loaded fot this visual object. Try it again later.

Try it again later or contact technical support. Provide these details in case of contacting them."

Unfortunately I am not allowed to share the PBIX Lydia, it is a pitty because would be really helpful.

Regards

Fran

@franciscomateo,

What is your data source? Do you apply RLS on your dataset?

Regards,
Lydia

Our data source are excel files,

We shared at the beginning panels with RLS but was not work properly, they were able to check everything. So we add one rol and we created the panel only for that rol, then we shared that panel.

Thank you

@franciscomateo,

When you configure RLS in the dataset, you would need add the users to the role member in Power BI Service, otherwise the users you shared dashboard to will get the error message.

Regards,
Lydia

Thank you very much Lydia, you were totally right. Now with my colleagues it is working properly.

Now I have the problem that with the emails of external corporations do not allow me add them to the role.

POWER BI 3.png

Picture translation:

People or groups who belong to this role:

write email adresses

x one or more email adresses are out of the corporation.

Add

So in that case I find the same problem.

Thank you for your support

Fran

@franciscomateo,

RLS doesn't work with external corporation members.

Regards,
Lydia

Hello Lydia,

Thank you for your support.

So how can You recommend me to be able to share my panel with one user from another company?

Best regards

Fran Mateo

Thank you for your support Lydia,

So, do you have any suggestion to share my panels with users from another company?

Best regards

Fran

@franciscomateo,

You can use one of the following options to work around this issue.

1. Get Power BI RLS to work with external users by using map user name feature. There is a blog for your reference.
2. Create separate report with the external users data already filtered out, then share the separate dashboard to external users.

Regards,
Lydia

Hello Lydia,

Thank you for your support.

So how can You recommend me to be able to share my panel with one user from another company?

Best regards

Fran Mateo

Hi Lydia,

So appreciate all the answers.

So any suggestion to be able to share my panel with a user from other corporation?

Thank you

franciscomateo
Regular Visitor

Would be so kind any help please 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors