Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

IanAustin
Frequent Visitor

Issues using Rest API - web.browsercontents currently supports only anonymous credentials

Hello, I'm attempting to import data from the Telenor API (https://serviceportal.telenorconnexion.com). I've taken advice from previous posts, including

1) Choose Get Data -> Web -> Advanced

2) enter HTTP request parameters (see snapshot) 

IanAustin_0-1605759165846.png

3) Connect Anonymous: the previous instructions I've searched says to use this. If I try to use any of the other methods I get the web.browsercontents currently supports only anonymous credentials

Everything works to this point. However, the API call returns nothing (see below). actually, bsased on the web view, it points me to the same log in page as I'd see if I tried to access the web address that I have entered (URL) via the web (see below - Redirecting to Login Page). 

With seemingly nowhere available to enter any login credentials, how do I get past this point so that I can access the tables/information available in the subject API?

Any help appreciated, thank you in advance.

IanAustin_1-1605759343705.png

IanAustin_2-1605759373491.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@IanAustin 

I am not familiar with the Telenor API, but what you have is a URL. You could just get data from web to import data?

Regarding to REST API you could take a look at the solution in this post: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Power-Query/Using-a-REST-API-as-a-data-source/td-p/50400

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team
If this post helps, please Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@IanAustin 

I am not familiar with the Telenor API, but what you have is a URL. You could just get data from web to import data?

Regarding to REST API you could take a look at the solution in this post: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Power-Query/Using-a-REST-API-as-a-data-source/td-p/50400

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team
If this post helps, please Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you - I realized my error. It is more of an issue than I thought originally, as their Rest API does not have the data I'm looking for (it is inside their SOAP API). 

Does Power BI have any ability to interact w/ SOAP API's?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors