Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

vishal0soni
Advocate III
Advocate III

Issues in integrating One Drive with PowerBI.com

Situation:

I uploaded a file on my PowerBI Group's One Drive for Business Account. This file has many connections to various SSAS Cubes (but i don't want any updates from those cubes). Then i fetch it into the Group Workspace of PowerBI.com account via  'Import Excel Data into PowerBI' option, so i get the data added as a new dataset.

Action:

Next day, i make some updates to the Excel file, and upload it back to the same OneDrive, overwriting the existing Excel file.

Issue:

Somehow, the changes are not getting reflected into the PowerBI dataset. When i click on Refresh Data, it looks for the credentials for the SSAS cubes (which is not my intent). I simply want to get the updated data from the One Drive Excel.

What i have checked:

1) Read the documentation. It says it refreshes automatically every one hour, but i see not updates.

2) The option under the 'One Drive Refresh' section, where it says 'Do you want to keep your files upto date', i have set that option as Yes (since past two days). But even then, i see no updates in the Power BI dataset.

3) I tried doing this across two different PowerBI accounts, and both places the dataset is not getting updated based on updated Excel sheet.

Additional Finding: When i perform same steps on my personal One Drive account and Personal PowerBI workspace (i.e. not using group One Drive and Group Workspace on PowerBI), the sync works. Does this indicate that sync is not supported for Group accounts? Or am i missing something here?

5 REPLIES 5
ashokpershad
Advocate II
Advocate II

Hi!!

I am facing same issue. I have linked my excel file in OneDrive for business account with powerbi.com. Now whenever i am updating the excel file in onedrive then same changes are not visible in my report in powerbi.com. Did you find the solution? Please share.

In my case, Group's One Drive account was giving some trouble. Sync from personal onedrive account wass working, so i used that. 

ashokpershad
Advocate II
Advocate II

I am facing the same issues with my Excel file in Onedrive for business and whatever i am updating in the excel file it is not getting updated in Powerbi.com reports.

Did you find the solution? Please share.

Same problem with Excel files on OneDrive for Business 😞

One drive for business is where I store my excel files for PowerBI. Successfully do a one week manual refresh until this week. Nothing is refreshing out of my 6 files. Any suggestions?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors