Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

PowerBi_Kalyan

Issue with Power Query result Dataset

Dear All,

I am joining two tables on the store id column and tried both the left & inner join condition.  You can see under column customer, the blank was filled with the above rows (highlighted in the red color font ) information which is not the desired result. I am not doing any transformations in power query except join condition . Please shed some light what i am doing wrong here .

Thanks,

Kalyan

Expected Result:

MODELSTOCKCUSTOMERDateSTORESTATUSSTORE
a1Customer114.05.20211R1
b2 14.05.20211S1
c3Customer217.05.20211R1
d4 17.05.20211S1

Result Got :

MODELSTOCKCUSTOMERDateSTORESTATUSSTORE
a1Customer114.05.20211R1
b2Customer114.05.20211S1
c3Customer217.05.20211R1
d4Customer217.05.20211S1
3 REPLIES 3
PowerBi_Kalyan

Hi All,

Getting the same issue even when I tried to pull the single table also, the highlighted in red color font are blanks in the database.  I am using firebird db and connecting via an odbc connection to pull the records into the power bi desktop.  I cannot paste original data screen shot due to security issuee.

PowerBi_Kalyan_0-1674914119240.png

Hi @PowerBi_Kalyan ,

Try selecting the [customer] column and Fill down.

Fill values in a column

Best Regards,
Gao

Community Support Team

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly. If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let us know. Thanks a lot!

How to get your questions answered quickly --  How to provide sample data in the Power BI Forum

Dear @v-cgao-msft ,

Thank you for the response, my desired output to have BLANKS as is how they are in the database. But the moment I am pulling data into Power BI, the blanks are filled either above or below the row value. 

Please let me know if there is any setting I need to turn-off . 

Thanks,

Kalyan

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors