Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ChaozMC

Issue with On-Premise Gateway - Blank Screen

Hi guys,

i've installed the On-premises data gateway on a Windows 2016 Server and configured both, the configurator and the service itself to use a proxy-server through the XML-file as adviced. For some reasons i only get a white window where normally the login-mask from o365 should show up. I tried to change the proxy to something obviously wrong which results in the configurator stating that there's an network error. This causes me to assume it should work in principle. Other o365 services are working just fine through the proxy.

Has anyone an idea where i could start troubleshooting, beside wireshark if possible?

Thanks in advance,

br

Markus

Unbenannt.PNG

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi , This doesnt seem to be fixed in the latest version .  All security settings are as in the recommended fixess. I have a memory from the last time that it had something to do with the default browser  but I have cycled through chrome edge and IE  with no change.  The blank screen still appears .. Any suggestions

v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ChaozMC 

First, please check if your network is connected and wait for it if it is slow.

Second, as per this article, on-premises gateway can only be installed on 64-bit version of Windows 7/Windows Server 2008 R2(or later), please ensure that your server meets this requirement and configure the ports as said here.

Last, when installing the on-premises gateway, please ensure that you right-click  the setup package and select “Run as administrator” to start the installation. Also turn off any antivirus software in case that it blocks the installation of Power BI gateway.

Best Regards
Maggie

Community Support Team _ Maggie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Maggie,

thanks for your replay - the system requirements are met and also the network works. As I said, other Office 365 services (like Excel, Word, etc.) are accessible. Only the login mask from the gatewayconfigurator doesn't work.

I tried to reinstall the whole gateway-service, but had no luck either.

best regards

Markus

I have the same problem. Maybe it is a problem with the language German?

Did you find any solutions?

Ok, I found the problem:

you have to deactivate IE extended security and start the program as an administrator.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors