Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Issue Pulling Datasets from Google Analytics

Hello,

I have successfully linked my Power BI account to Google Analytics, but suddenly it wouldn't allow me to pull any additional datasets from the GA application. Prior to this, I was able to pull data from GA with no issue.

When selecting the account, this is the message I started receiving when attempting to pull data from a GA account:

Screen Shot 2018-11-29 at 4.09.50 PM.png

The full message is "The key matched more than one row in the table"

I have tried logging out/in by reseting the GA authentication

I have restarted Power BI, my PC, and started a fresh sheet attempting to pull the data

I tried from a different PC

I tried pulling data from a different GA account

I also tried to pull the data from the website version of Power BI to no avail. It is showing (Blank) for all results.

image.png

Hoping someone can help me understand why data is not successfully pulling. My account definitely has access to the account in question. 

Thank you for anyone who may be able to assist!

Corey

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Lydia,

Thank you for your response. The version of Power BI Desktop I am using is version 2.64.5285.741 64-bit

However, I attempted to pull from the GA API again today and out of nowhere it was working again.

The *only* thing I did differently from yesterday, is I was forced to log out of my Google account for other reasons. I'm unsure how that would affect it, but it seems to have fixed the API connection issue.

I had cleared permissions a few times prior to posting this, but unfortunately that did not work. I really think it was some sort of issue with GA access and the API. It's so hard to tell though.

Thank you!

Corey

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous,

What version of Power BI Desktop do you use? I am unable to reproduce this issue in Power BI Desktop November release( 2.64.5285.741). I would recommend you clear stored Google analytics credential in your Power BI Desktop and re-connect to the data source.
1.PNG

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Lydia,

Thank you for your response. The version of Power BI Desktop I am using is version 2.64.5285.741 64-bit

However, I attempted to pull from the GA API again today and out of nowhere it was working again.

The *only* thing I did differently from yesterday, is I was forced to log out of my Google account for other reasons. I'm unsure how that would affect it, but it seems to have fixed the API connection issue.

I had cleared permissions a few times prior to posting this, but unfortunately that did not work. I really think it was some sort of issue with GA access and the API. It's so hard to tell though.

Thank you!

Corey

if you have issues using the built-in Google Analytics It can be smart to build a data warehouse with a copy of GA. This only avoids the inherint wrong result you might get using PBI for GA.

I wrore an article about this issue, the useless Google Analytics connector 🐵

@Anonymous,

Glad to hear the issue is solved. You can close this thread by accepting helpful reply as answer.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors