Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

bblais
Resolver III
Resolver III

Issue Connecting to Google Analytics

For weeks now I've been working with a person in my organization to connect to GA and create a dashboard to no avail.  She creates the dataset successfully and after the final step of logging into the GA account, the GA dataset/report/dashboard all show up in PowerBI with the indicator that the dataset is currently loading.  Then after spinning for about 20 seconds, she gets an error that pops up saying Failed to Import data  - Do you want to delete the dataset and report?  If she does NOT delete the dataset and go into it and tries to manually refresh it, she gets a failure with a 400 status code.

The thing is that about 6 weeks ago, the first time we tried this, everything worked perfectly.  Using all the same connection values and GA account, she was able to create the dataset and the report/dashboard popped up and successfully loaded.  We even created a couple of additional charts and added them to her dashboard.  But then the next day there was a refresh error so we deleted everything and started over. Since then, we have had no luck getting the GA dashboard to come up.

Anybody else experiencing this? 

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
micha76
Regular Visitor

I'm also having a issue with GA not loading in the online/published environment. It will refresh successfully in the desktop version. I can successfully append GA data from multiple properties, but once published the refresh doesn't work. 

This renders the report and dataset useless for ongoing/live reporting. 

Any help appreciated.

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

I had a Google Analytics account setup already. I added another account/property just now and it came in OK, no errors or issues.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

I would suggest double checking the account/property/view values your providing as those values will be case and spacing sensitive. We're working to improve the validation flow but if the parameters are not provided correctly you may see the error experience you've described. The help documenation walks through where you can find these values in your Google Analytics account: https://support.powerbi.com/knowledgebase/articles/511323-google-analytics-content-pack-for-power-bi

Thank you.  I had all the correct values for account/property/view the first time we successfully connected, but unbeknownst to me and my co-worker the account/property values changed in GA.  Once we got the correct values, it worked.

Thanks.

This was my bad, but it would be great if the generic 400 status code error with no context or description could tell me that the values provided were invalid...

Thanks,

This seems to be a current issue still, with the exception that I have confirmed the Account, Property, and View settings (case sensitive) and still cannot load data in. Just errors out generically and puts me back to square 1. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors