Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it possible to Reorganize my Sharepoint site by uploading a reorganized query list of my files

Hello,

I have downloaded and exported a list of the files on my Sharepoint site. What I am wondering is if I organize the files and delete any duplicates in the query I downloaded, can I then Use Power BI to take that list and re-organize my files based on the changes I have made? any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you Amy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
edhans
Super User
Super User

You can use PQ to analyze your file listing and tell you what to delete/move, but PQ is read only and cannot make any changes. The only thing you could have it do is return PowerShell commands in a new column, then dump that result to an Excel table and paste it into a text editor, save the PS script, and execute it. I've done that with Power BI maint. 

So if you are good with SharePoint PowerShell, yes, you can have Power Query really assist in developing the massive cleanup script.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

DAX is for Analysis. Power Query is for Data Modeling

Proud to be a Super User!

MCSA: BI Reporting

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
edhans
Super User
Super User

You can use PQ to analyze your file listing and tell you what to delete/move, but PQ is read only and cannot make any changes. The only thing you could have it do is return PowerShell commands in a new column, then dump that result to an Excel table and paste it into a text editor, save the PS script, and execute it. I've done that with Power BI maint. 

So if you are good with SharePoint PowerShell, yes, you can have Power Query really assist in developing the massive cleanup script.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

DAX is for Analysis. Power Query is for Data Modeling

Proud to be a Super User!

MCSA: BI Reporting

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors