Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

LillyLegenda
Helper III
Helper III

Invoke R-Script function to all fieles in Folder

Good morning, 

I am using an R-Script to do a market basket analysis. The code is working fine and I managed to create a function call Apri.

let Apri = (Quelle) =>
    Quelle = Report,
    #"R-Skript ausführen" = R.Execute("# 'dataset' enthält die Eingabedaten für dieses Skript.#(lf)library(methods)#(lf)library(arules)#(lf)#(lf)transactions <- 
    as(split(dataset[,""Artikel""], dataset[,""Rechnungsnummer""]), ""transactions"")#(lf)rules <- apriori(transactions, parameter = list(support = 0.01, confidence = 0.01), 
    control = list(verbose = FALSE))#(lf)rules_df <- data.frame( lhs = labels( lhs(rules) ), rhs = labels( rhs(rules) ), quality(rules))",[dataset=Quelle]),
    #"""rules_df""" = #"R-Skript ausführen"{[Name="rules_df"]}[Value]
in Apri

I would like to :

1. apply the function to each .xlsx file in a folder

2. add the filename as an additional column to each result

3. combine all results into one big report.

Here I have my example file: Download

Unfortunately, I am struggeling with the first step for hours now. I would really apprechiate your help 🙂

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ImkeF
Super User
Super User

Hi @LillyLegenda ,

didn't pay attention to the function itself.
Problem with your function is that it ignores the function parameter and itself always takes table "Report" to work upon.

Changed it to this:

image.png

and its working now (see attachment).

But it's a bad practice to name the function parameter the same as a step/variable in the query itself.
So it would be better (and less confusing) to name it like so:

ImkeF_0-1610284555835.png

Imke Feldmann (The BIccountant)

If you liked my solution, please give it a thumbs up. And if I did answer your question, please mark this post as a solution. Thanks!

How to integrate M-code into your solution -- How to get your questions answered quickly -- How to provide sample data -- Check out more PBI- learning resources here -- Performance Tipps for M-queries

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ImkeF
Super User
Super User

Hi @LillyLegenda ,

didn't pay attention to the function itself.
Problem with your function is that it ignores the function parameter and itself always takes table "Report" to work upon.

Changed it to this:

image.png

and its working now (see attachment).

But it's a bad practice to name the function parameter the same as a step/variable in the query itself.
So it would be better (and less confusing) to name it like so:

ImkeF_0-1610284555835.png

If you liked my solution, please give it a thumbs up. And if I did answer your question, please mark this post as a solution. Thanks!

How to integrate M-code into your solution -- How to get your questions answered quickly -- How to provide sample data -- Check out more PBI- learning resources here -- Performance Tipps for M-queries

Thank you very much @ImkeF 🙂 Now it is working fine.

ImkeF
Super User
Super User

Hi @LillyLegenda ,

you have to apply your function in an add-column-step like I've done in the sample file (see query "Imke")
The following sources might help you understanding what's going on there: 

Web Scraping 1: Combine multiple tables from one page in Power BI and Power Query – The BIccountant

Transform a query into a function in Power Query and Power BI – (thebiccountant.com)

Hi @ImkeF , Thank you very much for your answer and time.

I read the links you provided and looked at the file, but I am still confused.

I would expect the function to run, when I click on one of the Tables in the column ExcelFile but it is only showing the source table. Why is it not applying the function?

LillyLegenda_0-1610281978003.png

Maybe the function is not recognizing the table as Source (Quelle)?

The result of the function should look like the Apriori Query

LillyLegenda_1-1610282022126.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors