Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

LenAiz
Regular Visitor

Invalid connection credentials

I am trying to set up a scheduled refresh using an on premises gateway on a Windows Server 2012 R2. The Sql database is on another server running Windows Server 2008. The following occurs when I referesh the data:

Something went wrong Invalid connection credentials. Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details. Cluster URIWABI-NORTH-EUROPE-redirect.analysis.windows.net Activity IDb1050a22-40de-48f4-9705-7d3555695475 Request IDdbbc5e64-8ae0-72f9-42a2-8d56016d960d Time2018-06-14 11:42:21Z Get help

3 REPLIES 3
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@LenAiz,

Are you able to connect to the SQL database using same user and credential from the machine that installing gateway? You can install SQL Server Management Studio(SSMS) in the gateway machine to test the connetcion.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you for the prompt response. I installed the SQL Server Management Studio(SSMS) on the gateway machine and the database and tables were fully visible. But I am still having connectivity / refresh problems. I have included a number of screen shots below:

Screen shot 1.JPGScreen shot 2.JPGScreen shot 3.JPG

@LenAiz,

Please test network connectivity using the following PowerShell script. Also please post gateway log here. For more details about troubleshooting gateway, please review  this article.

Test-NetConnection -ComputerName watchdog.servicebus.windows.net -Port 9350

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors