Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

JonFuller
Regular Visitor

Invalid connection credentials while changing data in query editor

Whenever I change anything in the query editor on the desktop, it errors out a specific folder that I didn't touch at all.  What I am doing is removing 2017 data from the invoice date, and a folder (item pointer daily) will error out for some reason.  When I download the .pbix file and publish it without doing anything it works just fine, but when I make a change in the query editor is when it errors out during a refresh in the web.  I am using an on-premises gateway to access the folders with the data

Something went wrong

Invalid connection credentials.

Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.

Underlying error code: -2147467259

Underlying error message: Credentials are required to connect to the Folder source. (Source at \\itserver\power bi connectors\item-inventory file\item pointer\item pointer daily.)

DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult: -2147467259

Microsoft.Data.Mashup.CredentialError.DataSourceKind: Folder

Microsoft.Data.Mashup.CredentialError.DataSourcePath: \\itserver\Power BI Connectors\Item-Inventory File\Item Pointer\Item Pointer Daily

Microsoft.Data.Mashup.CredentialError.Reason: CredentialMissing

Microsoft.Data.Mashup.MashupSecurityException.DataSources: [{"kind":"Folder","path":"\\\\itserver\\Power BI Connectors\\Item-Inventory File\\Item Pointer\\Item Pointer Daily"}]

Microsoft.Data.Mashup.MashupSecurityException.Reason: CredentialMissing

Cluster URI: WABI-US-NORTH-CENTRAL-redirect.analysis.windows.net

Activity ID: 21a5113c-c1a9-4237-b6ed-6dbf40c6b758

Request ID: 6b5fe42a-0315-9642-7ee3-388af7e14aad

Time: 2020-06-27 23:10:53Z

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-eachen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JonFuller ,

Do you configure the credentials in Power BI desktop? You could open data source settings to check if it exists.

3-1.PNG

Community Support Team _ Eads
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-eachen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JonFuller ,

Do you configure the credentials in Power BI desktop? You could open data source settings to check if it exists.

3-1.PNG

Community Support Team _ Eads
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors