Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JanV
Resolver I
Resolver I

Integration with Dynamics 365 for Operations - Impact PowerBI Premium

Was wondering how the new PowerBI Premium licensing model would impact integration with Dynamics 365 for Operations. Buying Pro licenses for your full userbase can become quite expensive for 1000+ users hence I was looking into the possibility of the integration between PowerBI and Dynamics 365O working with the read-only access rights that come with PowerBI Premium? (e.g. give a limited amount of 50 key users edit rights on the reports, al others can consume reports by clicking on the tile in D365O en browse around reports on the PowerBI Service)  I didn't find anything on the D365O roadmap nor on these pages. Any input on this greatly appreciated.

PS: we are also considering PowerBI Embedded from a cost efficiency perspective however functionality seems quite limited and dev effort quite complicated compared to the full experience on the PowerBI service.

3 REPLIES 3
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JanV,

It depends on how you want to interact Power BI with Dynamics 365 for Operations, and if this interaction needs Power BI any license. On Power BI side, if the report item with Power BI Premium capacity, any readers can be free or pro user. See: Power BI Premium - what is it?.

Regarding Power BI embedded, you can post a thread in Developer forum.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Qiuyun,

I understand that interactions between PowerBI and Dynamics 365O is key here. It is actually the nature of my question as I'm unaware if this integration/connection would require a pro license or if a read-only license is sufficient.  I suppose best practice wise PowerBI reports on D365O data are developed by a central team and shared on the PowerBI service with relevant employees who can pin the tiles to the D365O application by activating the integration. I don't know if there is any contact at the PowerBI D365O integration team that would be able to help out here?

Hi @JanV,

I already sent a email to consult this issue internally several days ago and I'm waiting for the information. If you are urgent to know the answer, you can create a support ticket.

Support Ticket.gif

If I receive information, will let you know.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors