Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Integration of Power Bi reports with RLS in Salesforce iframe

Hello,

We have developped me and my team a set of various power bi report and provide access to them to more than 200 users with Pro License in power service

We are in integrating at the same time Salesforces CRM for the same end user

I was wondering to which limit could i integrate these reports in Salesforce iframe so end user has access to the "one single" gate for his data.

I think its is possible but with limitations :
- First i should switch from power bi service to power bi embedded (or power bi premium??)
- is it possible to apply row level security to the report for end user or power bi rls and salesforce are not compatible?
- if yes the end user should login twice or everything is managed with some kind of token?
- The power bi sources wont come from salesforce data and i will need to refresh them on a daily basis. I heard embedded don't do that right?
- if on top i want to add salesforces data in my reports there is a 2000 rows limitation in salesforce connector right?
- any other information/limitations i should be aware ?

Please any help appreciated
Cedric
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@cedboumfrancois,

Firstly, you can embed Power BI reports in Visualforce pages inside Salesforce following the guide in this blog, and in this blog, it uses Power BI embed which requires Power BI Premium license.

Secondly, it is possible to apply row level security to the report for end user, for more details, please take a look at this similar thread.

Thirdly, end user should login twice. As described in the above blog, the user can log into Salesforce, navigate to the report page where they will be asked to log into Azure Active Directory, and view the embedded report.

Fourthly, you can achieve the refresh requirement by using  Data Refresh APIs.

At last, the Salesforce Report connector in Power BI Desktop has 2000 row limit, but the Salesforce Object connector in Power BI Desktop doesn't have the 2000 row limit.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@cedboumfrancois,

Firstly, you can embed Power BI reports in Visualforce pages inside Salesforce following the guide in this blog, and in this blog, it uses Power BI embed which requires Power BI Premium license.

Secondly, it is possible to apply row level security to the report for end user, for more details, please take a look at this similar thread.

Thirdly, end user should login twice. As described in the above blog, the user can log into Salesforce, navigate to the report page where they will be asked to log into Azure Active Directory, and view the embedded report.

Fourthly, you can achieve the refresh requirement by using  Data Refresh APIs.

At last, the Salesforce Report connector in Power BI Desktop has 2000 row limit, but the Salesforce Object connector in Power BI Desktop doesn't have the 2000 row limit.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you very much for your reply !
I missed it
..came back to my question without any expectations ...and saw your answer.
Crystal clear.
Cheers.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors