Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

tpoljak

Integration Power BI with AD onpremise

Hi,

I've connected Power BI to the local AD environment and got really useful reports using a lot of Computer and User attributes. It's really useful!

To be prepared for all of my tests, I need to grab only additional three attibutes: Created, PasswordLastSet and Modified. I can grab it with PowerShell, but I don't know how to do it within Power BI.

Do you have an idea how to get theese three atributes by Power BI Desktop?

Thnx!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi,

Based on my research, I can't also find these AD atributes in Power BI. I'm using this powershell script to get it:

Get-ADComputer -Filter {(name -like "*")} -properties * | Select Name, DnsHostName, Enabled, Created, PasswordLastSet.

Maybe will be useful to someone....

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @tpoljak,

According to your description, it seems that you were connecting to the local AD use Active Directory data source, right?

Based on my research, I didn't find the official document list available attributes in this kind of data source. All tables are generated automatically in Power BI desktop. I would suggest you use the local AD administrator account to access this data source to see if you can find the required attributes.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi,

Based on my research, I can't also find these AD atributes in Power BI. I'm using this powershell script to get it:

Get-ADComputer -Filter {(name -like "*")} -properties * | Select Name, DnsHostName, Enabled, Created, PasswordLastSet.

Maybe will be useful to someone....

@tpoljak are you connecting to local AD by synced it to Azure AD?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors