Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Integrate PBI visuals into Smartsheet

Hi,

I am trying to integrate PBI visuals into Smartsheet using Publish to web feature (PBI service) and Web content feature (Smartsheet dashboard). The requirement is to filter these PBI visuals with an existing slicer (not from PBI service) in the smartsheet. As there are other non-PBI visuals that comes from different sources in the Smartsheet dashboard, the goal is to use a common slicer that filters both the PBI & non-PBI visuals.

Thanks in advance

4 REPLIES 4
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Anonymous,

Based on your description, it seems that you want to filter these PBI visuals with an existing slicer in Smartsheet.

I'm afraid that this is the feature in Smartsheet, you'd better have a contact with the Support of Smartsheet to get more professional help.

If you have problems with Publish to web in Power BI Service, you could feel free to ask.

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-piga-msft,

Sorry, may be I wasn't clear about the requirement. I have a Smartsheet dashboard with visuals from PBI service and other sources, now there is a slicer from other source or hard coded values in the Smartsheet which should also slice the PBI visuals. Is there a way that the PBI visuals accept a slicer input from an external source but not from the PBI service. 

Example: Let's say I have some Account Names (slicer) in the Smartsheet which are coming from an excel sheet and there is a PBI visual grid (fed from PBI service) that has sales data by Account Name. Can the PBI visual accepts the slicer selection in the Account Name slicer. 

Thanks

Hi @Anonymous,

Have you solved your problem?

If you have solved, please always accept the replies making sense as solution to your question so that people who may have the same question can get the solution directly.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @Anonymous,

Normally, if the slicer you created could filter the dataset from Power BI, the visuals from Power BI should be filtered by the slicer.

Best Regards,

Cherry

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors