Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

zstutzman

Insightly Dates

I really like the bi tools integration, however noticing an issue with dates. Via the API integration they are being passed as text or numbers instead of as "date" data type.PowerBI_api.pngPowerBI_csv.png

10 REPLIES 10
brndnr
Regular Visitor

As a potential workaround before they address this issue, can you not transform these columns in Query mode?

Hey brndnr,

thanks for your answer, I'm not sure how to do this. can you please elaborate? 

Download a copy of your report and then open it using the desktop version of Power Bi. Once it's opened, go to Edit Queries, then select the data set that you are referring to. Select one of the columns that isn't in the right format, then select the 'Transform' ribbon at the top of the window. In the 'Any Column' menu, try change the data type to what you feel that column should be (date?). You can also play around with the 'Date & Time Column' at the top.

If this is working as-is, your column should automatically changed to the dates you need. Bear in mind there may be a difference in timezone ortime format, which you can attack in a different way. This may not be the case, just something worthwhile checking. See how you go

Hey brndnr,

thanks for your answer.

I'm not able to download the report as you described.

please see the next screenshot:

Untitled.png

I think it's because this dataset is through Power BI app

Capture1.PNG

Idan_liniad
Frequent Visitor

Hey dear support, do you have any timetable for fixing this issue?

Hey support,

any news regarding this matter?

raphaelamzallag

Hi Microsoft,

You've lauched the INSIGHTLY pack few months ago.

BUT you're not considering DATES column and DATA as Dates.

This way users like me can't built KPI's like : How much sales I've made on the last 7 days? Or month? wich is essential of course.

It's just a definition to update. So do it please!

Tx

Same situation with me and does appear it would be an easy fix with a big benefit for Insightly users.

Alternatively if Insightly data was available in the desktop I could try do it myself, but this isn't possible at the moment. Insightly confirmed they have nothing to do with data definitions:

Thanks for reaching out.

Sorry that that's happening. Insightly doesn't have control over how Power BI reads our data, we just allow them to use our API to pull your data. The integration to Insightly was built and is managed by Microsoft.

I'd suggest reaching out to in the Power BI Community. Another user or Microsoft support member may be able to add their input or may have a solution.

If you need further assistance regarding your Insightly account, please let us know.

Regards,
Erin T.
Insightly Customer Service

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @zstutzman,

Could you please describe more details about API integration? How do you import data into Power BI in the first scenario?

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello, I did not create the API solution.  Insightly staff tell me that Microsoft BI wrote the code that pulls data via their API.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors