Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Infinite refresh in Query editor

Hello,

it's been two days since one of my reports started to behave anormaly : the scheduled refresh in Service works fine, the manual refresh in Desktop works fine, but the refresh preview in Query editor is not working anymore.. Once launched, the dots are running indefinitely. And whatever the data source might be (excel, web API, ..) the result is the same : refresh is running for hours and nothing happens.

I tried clearing the cache, updating Power BI to the last version, I enabled and disabled the data preview downloading in background option.

But nothing has changed !

Does someone have more knowledge regarding this issue ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Cado

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @edhans @Syndicate_Admin 

Thank you for the suggestion.

These settings were already disabled too. And I don't know why but after waiting for 2 days it seems the problem has disapeared like magic. I hope it won't come back !

Have a nice day,

Cado

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

You've kinda hit all of the high points. I'd also turn off these features if they are on as well, which can be done on the view menu. If a datasource is slow, these can make it worse. These are not used by the service or regular desktop refreshes, only the preview window.

edhans_0-1629075914309.png

edhans
Super User
Super User

You've kinda hit all of the high points. I'd also turn off these features if they are on as well, which can be done on the view menu. If a datasource is slow, these can make it worse. These are not used by the service or regular desktop refreshes, only the preview window.

edhans_0-1629075914309.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

DAX is for Analysis. Power Query is for Data Modeling

Proud to be a Super User!

MCSA: BI Reporting
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @edhans @Syndicate_Admin 

Thank you for the suggestion.

These settings were already disabled too. And I don't know why but after waiting for 2 days it seems the problem has disapeared like magic. I hope it won't come back !

Have a nice day,

Cado

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors