Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Incorrect Data being pulled from Excel Spreadsheet in SharePoint

I have an Excel Speadsheet located on Sharepoint which feeds into a Power BI Query. There are two columns containing dates, and a third column which holds a formula calculating the percentage of time between the first and second date that has passed, relative to today. On Excel the third column shows as 16%, but on Power BI the third column shows as 13.4%. I can't figure out why the values don't match.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous,

Do you firstly connect to the Excel located on SharePoint Online in a new Excel file using Power Query option and then create custom column to calcultate the percentage in Power Query?
1.PNG

After that you import the Excel file that contains the custom column  to Power BI?  If so, I can't reproduce your issue. Could you please share your formula? Also why not directly connect to the Excel located in Sharepoint in Power BI Desktop and then create the percentage column?

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous,

Do you firstly connect to the Excel located on SharePoint Online in a new Excel file using Power Query option and then create custom column to calcultate the percentage in Power Query?
1.PNG

After that you import the Excel file that contains the custom column  to Power BI?  If so, I can't reproduce your issue. Could you please share your formula? Also why not directly connect to the Excel located in Sharepoint in Power BI Desktop and then create the percentage column?

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lydia,

I still can't figure out why there's a discrepency between the column values in the Excel on Sharepoint and the column values in Power BI. However, to get around the issue, I've created a calculated column in Power BI using the formula from Excel (modified for Power BI syntax). Thanks for your help!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Lydia,

All three columns (Both dates, and the calculated percentage) are located on the Sharepoint Excel File. The value from the Excel file is diffrerent from the value on the Power BI Query. I don't use a caluculated column. The formula in Excel is 

=IF([@[First Date]]<TODAY(),100%,IF([@[First Date]]>TODAY(),0%,(100%/(DAYS([@[Second Date]],[@[First Date]])))*(DAYS(TODAY(),[@[First Date]]))))

The value shows at 17% on Excel, and is updated everyday. But on Power BI the value is stuck at 13.4%.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors